SCCM | Configuration Manager | Intune | Windows Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members. Please post your questions in the correct category.

SOLVED Tsmbautorun.Exe Not Working

SuperSteve

Hi Prajwal

Having an issue when trying to capture the image of my virtual workstation. I have a windows 7 virtual machine and I have followed the instructions successfully until this point

'After creating the capture media we will now mount the capture media (.iso file) on the windows 7 machine and run the image capture wizard. In this example I have a virtual machine which has been installed with windows 7 professional SP1 x64 OS and we will be capturing this computer OS image. If its a physical machine you can burn the capture media .iso to a CD and insert it in the CD tray and run the image capture wizard. If its a virtual machine you can mount the .iso file by providing the path where the capture media .iso file exists. On a virtual machine when you mount the .iso file by providing a shared location, it asks for a user account to access the .iso file, provide a domain user account which has enough permissions to access the folder where the .iso file exists.

Once you mount the capture media on a windows 7 machine you will see the autorun box. Click Run TSMBAutorun.exe, you will see the Image Capture Wizard. Click on Next.'

When I run TSMBAutorun.exe it doesn't start any process, in fact is does nothing at all apart from the cmd box flashing . Can you advise?

Hi Prajwal

Thank you for your response.

I have followed the steps in the above article but yet still running into the same problem. I have no idea where to go from here as the articles are so sure it works...Any other ideas??

Hi

Also I have checked the tsmbautorun.log file and all it says is this

<![LOG[TSMBAutoRun started]LOG]!><time=0:0:0 date=0-1-1970 component="TSMBautorun" context="" type="1">

Hi

Just to let you know I have got the capture working. The problem was user error, the user being ....er me.

I didn't mount the iso file to the root of my drive so the autorun didn't understand where to run it from.

It is currently going through the capture process so hopefully it will work now.

Back