PENDING Software update deployment - Status "unknown"

merlin_world

Hi,
I'm having issue when trying to check status of software deployment. After one week, 90% of computers show the status "unknown" but the updates are installed correctly. Also, by checking the WUAHandler.log and UpdateStore.log on the clients, everything seems normal.
In the end, it seems like the deployment is working fine, client sends proper info, but the server somehow is not processing that info. Please help!

Muneer Jahangeer

Pl check the status of the affected devices, (Note: if there is short duration between Last offline and online, then inform user(s) to keep the machine online and reboot to refresh actions)

1664887487486.png

If the above case is fine, then perform below activity in one of the affected machines and verify the status,

• Remove CM client
  • Ensure you have deleted all ccm runtime files and logs
  • Reboot
  • Install CM client with correct parameter
  • Reboot
  • check the status after 30 minutes.
Also ensure SCCM ports are enabled.

OP
M

merlin_world

Hi, thank you for mentioning this. I have a very strange behavior on this; machines seem like going into standby or something, but they are turned on 24/7, no sleep mode. What can be the cause of this?

SCCM_last_online.PNG

Muneer Jahangeer

Try disable deep sleep control in BIOS and set Never on both -menus',
1664979445206.png

If the issue persists, it is worth checking the power settings by comparing work vs affected machines.

OP
M

merlin_world

HI. I still haven't managed to sort it out and I'm going crazy here. In the meantime, I even updated SCCM infrastructure to 2207 with latest hotfix, but still the situation is the same.
It seems that the root problem is that the clients are not reporting status on any topic. For example, here is a status for specific software update. Almost all clients have unknown status. Not sure where to start with troubleshoot? Can it be related to certificates? Only HTTP is used for client communication.

SCCM_update_status.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deonmah