PENDING SCCM client cannot get application list and company logo in software center

James Chan

Hi All,
I am new SCCM here. When finish OS image, the laptop cannot get application list and company logo in software center until the next morning. It happens very high percentage on different models. Try running all actions in configuration manager property on client, still need to wait to the next day to get the list and logo. Please advise any suggestion or need to check which log, thanks.
Server OS Windows server 2016, SCCM version 2107.

JC

OP
J

James Chan

Change them to ONLY IP Ranges. Here is the list of Log file and what they are used for. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/plan-design/hierarchy/log-files
Thanks Garth.

The environment is,
There is a collection called windows 10, includes 2 collections called "windows 10 laptop" and "windows 10 tablet". they are using query rule and incremental update enable. The windows 10 collection having the applications deployed and showing on software center. The setting of collection membership evaluation interval is default 5 minutes.

The problem is,
It just happened in recent few months. For example, imaging 10 laptops at the same time, only one or even none get the software center logo and apps list immediately.
When I search the "no software center logo and apps list" laptop in windows 10 laptop collection, it is not there. The total 175 collection in incremental evaluation of collection evaluation viewer. I have run update membership on the 3 collections, still no chance to get it on client software center.

Is there a way to force collection run immediately and get the laptop in the collection? if yes, which log is better to monitor this behavior?

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
J

James Chan

Also I check the collection evaluation viewer, select the incremental evaluation tab, the "last member change time" column for the windows 10 collection, always run at everyday 4:00 am.

I also did another approach.
checked new-imaged laptop has seen all actions in configuration manager and enable with PKI.
from SCCM server,
the laptop can be found in devices, but cannot be found in windows 10 collection.
try to add the new-imaged laptop from direct query in windows 10 collection, it cannot be found.
so using the other way, right click the laptop select add it to the exist collection. OK. Back to windows 10 collection, property, membership rule, the laptop in there. but if right click the windows 10 collection, show members, the laptop no there.

please any advice, thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pnn