PENDING HP BIOS Config Utility Replacement?

Prajwal Desai

Forum Owner
Staff member
Ok so no alternate options "HP will retire HP BIOS Configuration Utility (HP BCU) in June 2022. There is no replacement planned. You can still use f10 to enter the BIOS."

OP
matteobarreo

matteobarreo

Yeah I saw that, but I still have to set a BIOS password and settings during the OSD task sequence. Is there a way this can be done with cmd or powershell?

OP
matteobarreo

matteobarreo

What other alternate options does HP recommend for its users?.
I could only find the same thing you found, that it is retired with no replacement. Press F10 to enter the BIOS. That's cool and everything but we are automators you know.

I have looked around and found some Powershell Scripts that are supposed to work, but I was looking for any other advice or what other people are doing. Sorry if I wasn't detailed enough in the begining.

AhmedLS

I could only find the same thing you found, that it is retired with no replacement. Press F10 to enter the BIOS. That's cool and everything but we are automators you know.

I have looked around and found some Powershell Scripts that are supposed to work, but I was looking for any other advice or what other people are doing. Sorry if I wasn't detailed enough in the begining.
I have been using the "HP managebiltiy Integration Kit" for SCCM for about a year now and it works like charm. the only disadvantage is that the policies or changes you want to make are applied not through the task sequence but after the compueter is up and running. i use it mainly to set the bios password and to patch drivers. hope that works for you

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pnn