PENDING Deploy Crowdstrike using SCCM

gconner1

So I am trying to deploy CrowdStrike to our environment using SCCM. I'm fairly new to both PowerShell and SCCM and haven't come across much help for what I am needing. The installer is an .exe and the vendor does not recommend repackaging it as a .msi. This is all they have for me to go on and their support wasn't very helpful:

Automatic installation​

To automate silent installations on many devices, including installations using a deployment tool such as Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), complete these steps.
  1. Use the Google Chrome browser to download the sensor installer from Hosts > Sensor Downloads.
  2. Copy your customer ID checksum (CCID) from Hosts > Sensor Downloads.
  3. Run or configure your deployment tool to use this command, replacing <installer_filename> with the name of the install file you downloaded, and <CCID> with the CCID from step 2 :
    <installer_filename> /install /quiet /norestart CID=<CCID>

So what I have done is gone to the Software Library in SCCM. Down to Scripts and created a new one. I have \\NetworkSharePath\WindowsSensor.exe /install /quiet /no restart CID=CIDnumber. After saving I go to approve the script and then go to and a device, right click on it and run script. It looks like it is successful but nothing happens. If I run that command locally on a PC it installs just fine. What am I missing?

Prajwal Desai

Forum Owner
Staff member
Now that you know the installation command, why not create an application or even a package (to test the installation) and see if that works.

Garth

Staff member
I have \\NetworkSharePath\WindowsSensor.exe /install /quiet /no restart CID=CIDnumber.
The cm client will NOT have access to the UNC, create an CM app or CM program to deploy this to the computers.

pivanov

Hi , I am using this command in a bat file and it is always succesful for almost 2 years

@echo off

start /wait \\NetworkSharepath\WindowsSensor.exe /quiet /norestart CID=your CID provided by Crowd Strike

@echo end

Garth

Staff member
Hi , I am using this command in a bat file and it is always succesful for almost 2 years

@echo off

start /wait \\NetworkSharepath\WindowsSensor.exe /quiet /norestart CID=your CID provided by Crowd Strike

@echo end
Unless you grant access to all computer on both the share and files which is NOT the default. This will fail when deploy via ConfigMgr.

SCCM_Noob1

Package it up as an Application as a Script Installer and just use WindowsSensor.MaverickGyr.exe /install /quiet /norestart CID=XXXXXXX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adampershing