SCCM | Intune | Windows 365 | Autopilot | Windows 11 Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members. Please post your questions in the correct category.

SOLVED Customize Win11 Right Click with SCCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ideostyle

Hello,
I'm starting to customize W11 to deploy it with SCCM.
I'm trying to make the right-click default for all users.

I don't want to add the key in HKCU.

I have tried to set it by loading the hive hku\Default but it does not work.
I tested the HKLM\Default hive and the same thing. I end up with the "classic" W11 right-click ...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Solution
This one threw me for one heck of a loop. It turns out that some of the HKCU keys get "reset" even if you set them in the default profile. To combat this I created a runonce command under the default user registry that essentially resets these on the first login of every user after the first login. The runonce command runs under the users context so you can use it to modify things in HKCU. In my Task sequence I have a step that runs the below powershell script after mounting the default user profile hive.

Code:
if((Test-Path -LiteralPath "HKLM:\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce") -ne $true) {  New-Item "HKLM:\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" -force -ea...
I don't want users to get lost, restore right click for windows 11.

1713879728173.png

I tried mounting the HKLM\default hive, it works for some registry keys (left alignment ..) but not for the right click and for the search bar in the taskbar (which I want to hide)

This one threw me for one heck of a loop. It turns out that some of the HKCU keys get "reset" even if you set them in the default profile. To combat this I created a runonce command under the default user registry that essentially resets these on the first login of every user after the first login. The runonce command runs under the users context so you can use it to modify things in HKCU. In my Task sequence I have a step that runs the below powershell script after mounting the default user profile hive.

Code:
if((Test-Path -LiteralPath "HKLM:\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce") -ne $true) {  New-Item "HKLM:\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" -force -ea SilentlyContinue };
New-ItemProperty -LiteralPath 'HKLM:\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce' -Name 'RestoreContextMenu' -Value 'reg add "HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32" /f /ve' -PropertyType String -Force -ea SilentlyContinue;
New-ItemProperty -LiteralPath 'HKLM:\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce' -Name 'HideSearchBar' -Value 'reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /f /v SearchboxTaskbarMode /t REG_DWORD /d 0' -PropertyType String -Force -ea SilentlyContinue;

Followed eventually by a step that unloads the default registry hive

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slopted
Back