PENDING Communication issues between servers

Vivek Kumar Porwal

I have some servers connected in same network. Some servers are running with WINDOWS Server 2008 R2 OS and some are running with RedHat Linux 5. All servers are communicating with each other except one WINDOWS server. That particular server, running with WINDOWS server, is communicating with all WINDOWS servers but not communicating with LINUX servers. Vice versa, LINUX servers are also not communicating with that particular WINDOWS server. If I restart that WINDOWS server, all communications are established automatically with LINUX servers, but after some times, the communication get stopped again.

Please help me on the same.

OP
Vivek Kumar Porwal

Vivek Kumar Porwal

All applications are in good condition. Local & domain profile firewalls are also off. So, in my thinking no any application is halting the communication.

Prajwal Desai

Forum Owner
Staff member
When you say the server is not communicating, what exactly are you referring here, is just the ping that's not working ?.

OP
Vivek Kumar Porwal

Vivek Kumar Porwal

Sir, I am not understanding what I should say here. As I have checked the applications and services, I didn't find that any application or service is halting the server communication. On thing also happening here that as I restart the server all the communications are getting normal.

Prajwal Desai

Forum Owner
Staff member
If restarting the server fixes the issue, it could be something on that server that triggers post boot that halts the communication. With no access to the setup and with no idea of apps and services running on the server, it is difficult to predict a solution.

OP
Vivek Kumar Porwal

Vivek Kumar Porwal

Sir, my query is in this regards that the servers are running from long time and there is no security patches updates taken place. So, there is any chance to halt the communication related to patch updates. I am asking this because only one server of WINDOWS is not communicating with all LINUX servers and vice versa.

OP
Vivek Kumar Porwal

Vivek Kumar Porwal

Sir, I have the McAfee antivirus installed over the network and managed centrally. As I have checked the application logs in event viewer and find the below message:

"Administrator ran IEXPLORE.EXE, which tried to access C:\USERS\ADMINI~1\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\~DFCE449757BD6F6098.TMP, violating the rule "Ransomware Generic Access Protection Rules1", and was blocked. For information about how to respond to this event, see KB85494."

What does it mean? Is this the reason behind out network communication hampering?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChloeY