PENDING Automate the stages of a deployment

LLFT

Hello Prajwal,

First of all, thank you for this space reserved for SCCM and for your contribution to our skills development. Because it is a tool that I know only by name and that I had never used until now.

I followed the procedure https://www.prajwaldesai.com/upgrade-to-windows-10-21h2-using-sccm to make a system upgrade deployment package for W101703 to W1021H1. I also take this opportunity to migrate my PCs from an old SCCM to a newer one.

In our GPOs we use the 5-minute lockscreen, which crashes the deployment, it restarts but never succeeds since 5 minutes is too short to download the upgrade. It is therefore necessary to simulate an activity in front of the PC to continue the deployment or to operate an account not subject to the GPO.

First question: Is it possible to ensure that the lockscreen is suspended before deployment?

Another problem.
When the migration from 1703 to 21H1 is successful, the SCCM client is no longer compatible with the current system, it must therefore be deactivated and the latest version reinstalled.
I designed the PowerShell script that is fine to do this, but I have to run it from a second SCCM task sequence.

Second Question: Is it possible to chain the operations? Block the GPO, Deploy and run the PowerShell script all from a single SCCM task.

Prajwal Desai

Forum Owner
Staff member
Are you confident that GPO is actually causing the deployment to restart?. If that is true, you can explain business about this issue and exclude the time-out on new deployments.

OP
L

LLFT

The GPO is the cause of the session lock.
Locking the session is the cause of the deployment crash.

To solve the problem we operate an account not impacted by the GPO. This point is therefore resolved.

But we would have liked to be able to let the user do the deployment under their own account. While there it is the technical service which is in charge of this operation.

The main thing is that we have a solution.
On the other hand for the second question do you have an idea?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hemald