SOLVED App fails to download during Task Sequence, but installs from Software Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldManWaterfall

New Member
3
0
1
Recently upgraded to MECM 2111, now is seems one app and a pre-req fail to download during the OSD task sequence; I marked this install to continue on error and after Task Sequence completes I am able to install from Software Center. I don't know if the upgrade is a coincidence or not, but it is suspect as it was working before. I have other apps that download and install fine during the same Task Sequence.
The only thing that makes this app different from others is there is a reboot, a pre-req install and another reboot, which sometimes installs the pre-req, but mostly does not download either. Maybe I should remove some of these reboots?
There is only one distribution point and I have removed the content and re-added it, nothing changes. What other requirements are there for apps for installing in Task Sequence vs from Software Center when it comes to making content available?
I am sure I am missing something simple.
 
Solution
I recreated the application and still got the same failures.
To get this working again I needed to create the install as a Package/Program and have a task to download first, then install. this seems to work without an issue.
I still have the application that can be used from Software Center to Uninstall or Repair, but can use the Package/Program just for the TS. Makes it a little more complicated if I need to modify it, but its working.
OP
O

OldManWaterfall

New Member
3
0
1
To be clear the TS was doing the rebooting. In the group for app installs there is one conditional app install, a task of standard apps that install, then in a subgroup I have the prereq redistributables (which install 9 times out of 10), then the app that is failing to download.
I have these broken down this way as it makes it easier to build different task sequences for different depts.
I have removed all the TS reboots from this group and it doesn't reboot, just fails to download that one app.
I think the next step is rebuilding that one app that is giving me trouble. At this point I don't believe its an issue in the TS.
 
OP
O

OldManWaterfall

New Member
3
0
1
I recreated the application and still got the same failures.
To get this working again I needed to create the install as a Package/Program and have a task to download first, then install. this seems to work without an issue.
I still have the application that can be used from Software Center to Uninstall or Repair, but can use the Package/Program just for the TS. Makes it a little more complicated if I need to modify it, but its working.
 
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.