SOLVED App fails to download during Task Sequence, but installs from Software Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldManWaterfall

Recently upgraded to MECM 2111, now is seems one app and a pre-req fail to download during the OSD task sequence; I marked this install to continue on error and after Task Sequence completes I am able to install from Software Center. I don't know if the upgrade is a coincidence or not, but it is suspect as it was working before. I have other apps that download and install fine during the same Task Sequence.
The only thing that makes this app different from others is there is a reboot, a pre-req install and another reboot, which sometimes installs the pre-req, but mostly does not download either. Maybe I should remove some of these reboots?
There is only one distribution point and I have removed the content and re-added it, nothing changes. What other requirements are there for apps for installing in Task Sequence vs from Software Center when it comes to making content available?
I am sure I am missing something simple.

Solution
I recreated the application and still got the same failures.
To get this working again I needed to create the install as a Package/Program and have a task to download first, then install. this seems to work without an issue.
I still have the application that can be used from Software Center to Uninstall or Repair, but can use the Package/Program just for the TS. Makes it a little more complicated if I need to modify it, but its working.
OP
O

OldManWaterfall

To be clear the TS was doing the rebooting. In the group for app installs there is one conditional app install, a task of standard apps that install, then in a subgroup I have the prereq redistributables (which install 9 times out of 10), then the app that is failing to download.
I have these broken down this way as it makes it easier to build different task sequences for different depts.
I have removed all the TS reboots from this group and it doesn't reboot, just fails to download that one app.
I think the next step is rebuilding that one app that is giving me trouble. At this point I don't believe its an issue in the TS.

OP
O

OldManWaterfall

I recreated the application and still got the same failures.
To get this working again I needed to create the install as a Package/Program and have a task to download first, then install. this seems to work without an issue.
I still have the application that can be used from Software Center to Uninstall or Repair, but can use the Package/Program just for the TS. Makes it a little more complicated if I need to modify it, but its working.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.