SCCM | Intune | Windows 11 Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members. Please post your questions in the correct category.

PENDING Windows 10 1903 upgrade Task sequence Error 0X4005(16389)

Nisar

i created a Task sequence to upgrade windows 10 1903 upgrade and deployed to one device collection but some machine got error error code 0X4005(16389)

There are no errors in that log. The log also seems incomplete at the end, the begining clearly states that the TS is starting but the end is right in the middle of downloading files and then nothing...

Free disk space on drive C:\: 19104 MB.
No drive with the required disk space (25600 MB) available. Validation failed
Failed to run the action: Check Readiness for Upgrade. Error -2147467259
Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail
Task sequence execution failed with error code 80004005

Command line: '"OSDPrestartCheck.exe"
Checking memory.. CheckReadiness
Memory requirement validation successful (Required: 2048 MB, Found: 8124 MB)
Checking processor speed..
Processor speed requirement validation successful. (Required: 1024 MHz, Found: 2701 MHz)
Checking size.. CheckReadiness
Free disk space on drive C:\: 23303 MB. CheckReadiness
bIsAvailable == TRUE, HRESULT=80004005 (osdprestartcheck.cpp,84) CheckReadiness 02-10-2019 11:33:49 10828 (0x2A4C)
No drive with the required disk space (25600 MB) available. Validation failed CheckReadiness

The log file clearly says that there is no drive with required disk space. So this is something you need to check again.

Hi Team, great forum and help
Attached the logs, trying to complete a in-place upgrade from 1903 to 1909 via MDT Task Sequence, getting the attached error, any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• smsts.log
    329.9 KB · Views: 4
hello, I am having issues from 1909 to 20H2 on some machines. The deployment is working very well in docens of machines, but i have a group of computers with same error. dont know why, free space ok, requirements met, attaching the smsts.log .
Thank you!!! you the best!

Attachments

• smsts.log
    741.5 KB · Views: 1
hello, I am having issues from 1909 to 20H2 on some machines. The deployment is working very well in docens of machines, but i have a group of computers with same error. dont know why, free space ok, requirements met, attaching the smsts.log .
Thank you!!! you the best!
If you are using a third-party antivirus, it can prevent the successful completion of the upgrade. So, consider disabling your antivirus to fix the issue.

Back