PENDING Some time Clients are not getting IP Addresses from a DHCP Server

HI Pajwal,

Some clients are not getting IP address from DHCP Server. we can assign some Ip address manually to the client. but some IP's are unable to reserve which are not there in lease. Kindly suggest do we need to restart the service or need to clear cash. last one year we didn't restart the server.
i am waiting for your valuable replay.

Regards,
Munassir.

Prajwal Desai

Forum Owner
Staff member
On the client machine could you try releasing and renewing the IP address ?. use the commands ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew to release and renew the IP. Open the DHCP tool and check the scope once, check if its active and has enough IP's to release to systems. Post then you could try restarting the DHCP service.

OP
M
Hi ,

I had released and renewed IP address and it was not taking. but one of the machine i had found NCB error. systems which has not taking IP address (around 10 client ) from DHCP is able to assign manual IP address.

Regards,
Munassir.

Prajwal Desai

Forum Owner
Staff member
That means the DHCP service is working fine, the issue might be with the clients. A DHCP server can only service requests for a scope that has a network ID that is the same as the network ID of its IP address. Make sure that the DHCP server IP address falls in the same network range as the scope it is servicing.

OP
M
Yes it's same network, 90% system's are getting IP Address from DHCP,
* Earlier all system was getting IP address .
* Last 5days facing this issue.
* Static IP is taking

Prajwal Desai

Forum Owner
Staff member
Static IP's will work anyway, you need to check why the clients are unable to get the IP address from the DHCP server. Open the DHCP console, right click IPv4 and click on Display Statistics. Post the screenshot here.