SOLVED Software Center has no connection to SCCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strahinja JANACEK

Active Member
38
0
6
Hi all!
Since few days it seems like the Software Center does not have connection to the SCCM server. I saw this because I wanted to install something and it got Failed. When I had a look at the information it's writing "The software could not be found on any servers at this time.".

Normally I run always the "Actions" within "Configuration Manager", but now this also does not help. For testing I removed one deployment from SCCM and ran again the "Actions" within "Configuration Manager", but the apps are not updating in Software Center.

Any suggestion which log to check first or what to check on the server?

Just for info:
I had issues with WSUS on the SCCM server, so rebooted the server sometimes, did iisreset... and so on. Maybe I misconfigured something?
 
Solution
Hi all!
Since few days it seems like the Software Center does not have connection to the SCCM server. I saw this because I wanted to install something and it got Failed. When I had a look at the information it's writing "The software could not be found on any servers at this time.".

Normally I run always the "Actions" within "Configuration Manager", but now this also does not help. For testing I removed one deployment from SCCM and ran again the "Actions" within "Configuration Manager", but the apps are not updating in Software Center.

Any suggestion which log to check first or what to check on the server?

Just for info:
I had issues with WSUS on the SCCM server, so rebooted the server sometimes, did iisreset... and so on. Maybe...
OP
S

Strahinja JANACEK

Active Member
38
0
6
Hi all!
Since few days it seems like the Software Center does not have connection to the SCCM server. I saw this because I wanted to install something and it got Failed. When I had a look at the information it's writing "The software could not be found on any servers at this time.".

Normally I run always the "Actions" within "Configuration Manager", but now this also does not help. For testing I removed one deployment from SCCM and ran again the "Actions" within "Configuration Manager", but the apps are not updating in Software Center.

Any suggestion which log to check first or what to check on the server?

Just for info:
I had issues with WSUS on the SCCM server, so rebooted the server sometimes, did iisreset... and so on. Maybe I misconfigured something?
Finally I have the solution.
Seems like during the re-installation of WSUS roles and config, the applicationhost.config or web.config file referenced a module that no longer existed after the WSUS removal.

Within the "MpControl.log" (which you can find on the SCCM server, within: ....\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\tools) I found the following two errors:

- Call to HttpSendRequestSync failed for port 80 with status code 500, text: Internal Server Error


So after searching for this error I found the following site:

As described, I made a backup of the "applicationhost.config" and after that I ran the command:
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']
(You can find this command also on the site)

The error was gone and the distribution of the apps was working again.
 
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.