SCCM | Intune | Windows 365 | Autopilot | Windows 11 Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members. Please post your questions in the correct category.

SOLVED SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR and WUAHandler Scan failed with error = 0x8024000f.

XorOne

New Member
Messages
3
Points
1
Hi! everyone :)
I hope you're having a better day than mine :)
It all started with the fact that some computers had not downloaded the update yet - so I checked the log at the station WUAHandler and what i see ...

Async searching completed.
OnSearchComplete - Failed to end search job. Error = 0x8024000f.
Scan failed with error = 0x8024000f.
Its a WSUS Update Source type ({F505FD4E-44AE-40B1-A9F5-261C943E8417}), adding it.
Could not check enrollment url, 0x00000001:
SourceManager::GetIsWUfBEnabled - There is no Windows Update for Business settings assignment. Windows Update for Business is not enabled through ConfigMgr
Existing WUA Managed server was already set (http://sccmserwername:8530), skipping Group Policy registration.
Added Update Source ({F505FD4E-44AE-40B1-A9F5-261C943E8417}) of content type: 2
Scan results will include all superseded updates.
Search Criteria is (DeploymentAction=* AND Type='Software') OR (DeploymentAction=* AND Type='Driver')
Async searching of updates using WUAgent started.
Async searching completed.
OnSearchComplete - Failed to end search job. Error = 0x8024000f.
Scan failed with error = 0x8024000f.

and the situation is getting worse because already updated stations have the same error - Quick google check cause Third-Party Software Update. So i check WindowsUpdate.log (full log attach)

2024.07.05 08:34:13.0041587 38960 18492 EEHandler *FAILED* [80041017] EE: ExecQuery for query SELECT * FROM Dell_SoftwareIdentity WHERE (Description LIKE 'Dell:DRVR_16001__%') AND PackageVersion >= '0003.0000.0019.0000'


So i Unsubscribe DELL and HP Catalog and remove this dell updates - (by powershell)
$guid = "50F6326C-B751-4AC9-8079-913416320A08"

[System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration')
$wsus = [Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy]::GetUpdateServer()
$update= $wsus.GetUpdate([GUID] $guid)
$update.Decline()
$wsus.DeleteUpdate([GUID] $guid)

The errors are gone but in WUAHandler.log the situation is the same Scan failed with error = 0x8024000f
So i chcek Component Status - and the SMS_COLLECTION_EVALUATOR has a Warning like

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 530, severity 16: [42000][530][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The statement terminated. The maximum recursion 100 has been exhausted before statement completion

Failed to execute SQL command: "SELECT ImmediateSourceCollectionID, DependentCollectionID FROM fn_CollectionDependencyChain (N'SMS00001') ORDER BY [Level] ASC". Check messages from SQL Server


I tried to search for something on this subject and this is all I found - error messages suggest that you have too many collection that go deeper than 100 level

How to check if this is it ? . And are these two errors mutually related ?

Please help - thanks in advance
 

Attachments

  • WUAHAndel.txt
    943 bytes · Views: 0
  • WindowsUpdate.txt
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
Update - deleting all Third-Party Software resolve issue with this error :WUAHandler.log Scan failed with error = 0x8024000f -
I use this query on database - to set IsDeclined

SELECT * FROM [SUSDB].[PUBLIC_VIEWS].[vUpdate] WHERE UpdateId IN (

SELECT UpdateId FROM tbUpdate WHERE IsLocallyPublished = 1)

UPDATE [SUSDB].[PUBLIC_VIEWS].[vUpdate] SET ISDECLINED=1 WHERE UpdateId IN (

SELECT UpdateId FROM tbUpdate WHERE IsLocallyPublished = 1)

from column UpdateId extract numbers update to txt file
and run this very simple code

$Thir = Get-Content .\3par.txt

Foreach ($i in $Thir){

[System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration')
$wsus = [Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy]::GetUpdateServer()
$update= $wsus.GetUpdate([GUID] $i)
$update.Decline()
$wsus.DeleteUpdate([GUID] $i)
}
 

Forum statistics

Threads
6,375
Messages
24,973
Members
15,105
Latest member
Suresh0388
Back
Top