SCCM | Intune | Windows 365 | Autopilot | Windows 11 Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members. Please post your questions in the correct category.

PENDING PXE Install hangs during SCCM client setup

Khalil_K

Hi All

I recently upgraded to SCCM 2303. Since the upgrade, all PXE installs, via a task sequence are hanging at the Setup Operating System > Setup Windows and configuration step: see below screenshot:

1718014810038.png

The below is the last line of the smsts.log. (no errors relating to the failure anywhere else)
Executing command line: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\OSD\RPK00003\ccmsetup.exe /useronly /source:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\OSD\RPK00003 /config:MobileClient.TCF /status:1056 with options (0, 0)

ccmsetup.log has the following:
Downloading C:\_SMSTaskSequence\OSD\RPK00003\x64\client.msi to C:\WINDOWS\ccmsetup\client.msi
Failed to access source file (2). Waiting for retry...

It successfully copies the client folder from the SCCM server to the client. I can see the files in C:\_SMSTaskSequence\OSD\RPK00003\x64\ but it failes to copy to the C:\WINDOWS\ccmsetup\

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Thank you for the reply Harshit.
I think you have an issue with firewall or some security software that is preventing the client install.

Does Version 2303 have a new port that wasn't required in previous versions? Nothing has changed on the firewall side in the environment.
It is also new installations, so not sure how security software could be preventing the client install during a TS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slopted
Back