SCCM | Configuration Manager | Intune | Windows Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members. Please post your questions in the correct category.

NEW How to setup SUP on remote server to download updates. HttpSendRequest failed 12029

vhdxp

Hi,

I have SCCM server without internet connection and a remote WSUS server with internet connection, SUP installed and synchronizing from Microsoft update. When I try to download updates from the software updates in sccm console I get the below error:

- Proxy is enabled for download, using registry settings or defaults.
- Connecting - Adding file range by calling HttpAddRequestHeaders, range string = "Range: bytes=0-"
- HttpSendRequest failed 12029, can still rety for 3 times
- HttpSendRequest failed 12029, can still rety for 2 times
- HttpSendRequest failed 12029, can still rety for 1 times
- HttpSendRequest failed 12029

When I give the SCCM serve internet connection , the download succeeds because it is being downloaded on the sccm server that has internet access. My question is that, is it possible to configure the SCCM server without internet and let it download updates using the wsus server which has internet access? Since the WSUS server has SUP installed can't it handle the download in that server (wsus-server), why does the software updates download occurs in the sccm server? And can anyone inform me how to properly setup SCCM with remote WSUS?

Solution
You can run the ConfigMgr console from your WSUS server, then it will download the SU via WSUS server. But if you are asking can ADR do it? No, you will need to allow for proxy traffic.
You can run the ConfigMgr console from your WSUS server, then it will download the SU via WSUS server. But if you are asking can ADR do it? No, you will need to allow for proxy traffic.

Solution
Thanks Garth,
After installing the sccm-console on the remote WSUS server i have been able to download updates. And regarding ADR do you mean the SCCM server needs internet connection all the time or just to download the updates?

Regards

Back