SOLVED Dual-Boot two Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allers61

Hi,
Can I prefix this by saying that i'm not sure this is even possible!
We have some back office staff that work in two sites with different ADs, and i'd like to setup their laptops to dual-boot Windows 10 into one or other of the Domains. I realise it would be easier just to have a VM on the laptop to do that but they don't have enough RAM or CPU to make that viable. My question is - Is it possible to achieve this in SCCM and a TS to partition a disk into two and use the same OS image to install on both, using a different unattend file for both to handle domain joins, licencing etc?

Thanks in advance

Solution
I’m not aware of a way for one laptop (one os) to be able to join two separate domains other than a dual boot solution?
You do NOT need to join a domain to access it. Just do a "run as" or map a drive to the server first then connect with what ever tool you like.

Garth

Staff member
I’m not aware of a way for one laptop (one os) to be able to join two separate domains other than a dual boot solution?
You do NOT need to join a domain to access it. Just do a "run as" or map a drive to the server first then connect with what ever tool you like.

Solution
OP
A

Allers61

Yes, I understand that, but it doesn't give me the result I want for the end user. I want to be able to boot the device into either partition and then get GPO's, applications etc that relate to that Domain.
I've installed W10 manually to both partitions and it works as I need,, and I can add each partition as different devices in SCCM. I just wanted to be able to get SCCM to do all that as part of a TS

Garth

Staff member
Yes, I understand that, but it doesn't give me the result I want for the end user. I want to be able to boot the device into either partition and then get GPO's, applications etc that relate to that Domain.
I've installed W10 manually to both partitions and it works as I need,, and I can add each partition as different devices in SCCM. I just wanted to be able to get SCCM to do all that as part of a TS
Best of luck, I don't think what you are trying to do it supported. BTW don't be surprised if CM think they are the same device and merges the records too. Assuming this is the same CM site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChloeY